‘What are some fun facts about Coco Chanel’ you may have pondered. Have you ever dreamed of flying to Paris for the day just to shop in Chanel? Have you ever wanted one of every season’s lipsticks? Do you ever imagine buying every color of the iconic CC handbag? Whatever the dream, there’s no doubt Chanel is the epitome of women’s luxury and a must-have for any modern-day fashionista.
Being a devotee of all things Chanel, I cannot help but adore the feel of black understated packaging every time I open Les Beiges bronzing makeup. That smooth, silky jar oozes luxury into my paws and has me smiling in appreciation at those two little C letters hugging it out in an eternal embrace. Oh Coco, what have you done to me?!
My attempts to ignore the irresistible ‘buy me please’ whispering into my ears at any Chanel lipstick counter have long been futile. And my ‘look the other way’ escapades fail each time I wander anywhere near its luxurious label. This brand, unlike any other, curiously has me in its grasp despite my steely grip on self-control. Dear Coco, you had me at those initials. I declare, I give up. I’m yours…
Chanel will always be the iconic brand which stands the test of time. Those six letters C-H-A-N-E-L will be smiling back at us long after the others are ‘oh so last year darling’. Coco Chanel is arguably the most influential designer of all time, revolutionizing women’s clothing in her day.
In my quest to learn more about this legendary trail blazer, I came across some fun facts you may not know about Madame Coco and a little gift awaits at the bottom…
Top 5 Fun Facts About Coco Chanel
- It was Coco who amusingly invented sunbathing and made tanning chic. Until the mid 1920’s, tanning was seen as a faux pas in some parts of the globe. But it was a bronzed Coco who stepped off a yacht in Cannes in 1923 who made headlines and set the sun-kissed look into motion.
- Chanel introduced the ‘little black dress’ to fashion in the 1920’s and was wisely predicted by Vogue Magazine to be worn globally. And who can resist a LBD! Merci Madame Coco!
- Coco began as a cabaret singer at first, singing in La Rotunde and other Parisien establishments. And it was while singing ”Who has seen Coco in the Trocadero”, that her nickname ‘Coco’ was born.
- She was the first to launch a designer perfume. Chanel No 5 was chosen from a number of perfume samples because it was her lucky number and launched in 1921.
- Coco lived in the Hotel Ritz for more than 30 years and routinely used the staff entrance. (She also had an apartment – click here).
So, the next time you step into a luxury store, or see those CC initials in some glossy magazine, smile in respect. This trail blazing lady knew exactly what she wanted and wasn’t afraid to break the mold. Go Coco!
PS a little gift from me to you, I LOVE THIS: ‘Life Codes By Coco Chanel | British Vogue‘
If you’d love to visit Paris and spoil yourself with a Chanel purchase or two, why not learn how to plan your very first solo travel adventure and be your own ‘Emily in Paris’. Click here on my new Solo Travel Masterclass to find out more. This solo travel course is one-of-a-kind and a lifetime of knowledge and wisdom in one easy-to-follow course.
If You Like This Post, Also Check Out:
Traveling Alone: Top Tips From A Solo Travel Expert
Is Solo Travel Lonely? No. Here’s Why
A Few ‘Wanderful’ Links…
Forbes: Why Traveling Is Good For Your Health
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment